Short North Tattoo is currently accepting portfolios for new artists. All interested applicants must submit a portfolio and resume for consideration. Applicants should have at least at least 4-5 years of professional shop experience.
What we offer:
Artists working for Short North Tattoo receive 50% commission during the first 6 months of employment, and 60% commission thereafter for all work done, special considerations given for friends and family of course.
- All disposable barriers: Lap cloths and drape sheets, machine bags, bottle bags, clipcord covers, and barrier film.
- Disposable shavers, rubber bands, ink caps, grommets, and rubber nipples.
- All paper towels, disposable cups.
- Technicare, Spirit II disinfectant, Dettol, Alcohol, Witch Hazel, and bottled water.
- Thermofax and stencil paper.
- Website presence on www.shortnorthtattoo.com, our myspace, our Inkednation, our Facebook, our eBay store, and our Twitter.
- A dedicated work station with locking stainless steel and laminated hardwood table/cabinet unit, ample lighting, stainless steel trashcan, and proper furniture for tattooing.
- A basement workshop ideal for working on machines and other projects that require a more durable environment, perfect for any wood working, metal working, and large art projects.
- A clean environment, insured by strict adherence to health standards and a routine cleaning schedule.
- An overall comfortable environment conducive to producing quality art.
Artists must provide:
- Own machines, power supplies, footswitch, clipcords, needles, pigments, and disposable tubes. We only use disposable tubes and do not have an autoclave or sterile room. We feel more comfortable with any disposable items where possible. Our health board inspection and requirements for our shop were designed around all disposable components, and can not accommodate stainless steel tubes that require sterilization.
- Any personally preferred items that are not included in the above list.
Short North Tattoo is a professional, clean, full working tattoo shop and art gallery. We are looking for serious artists that will not only provide quality tattooing to their clients, but are also eager to contribute to the shop. We want someone with creative input and a strong work ethic. We believe in the culmination of everyone’s individual effort that makes the shop the quality studio that it is known as, and will continue to be.
Please send all portfolios and resumes to:
Short North Tattoo
1042 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43201
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-17744330-2']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);